There’ s a saying ” April showers brings may flowers” but it also brings Raindrop or water cake!
This new cake trend has made a splash in the domain of cakes. This cake has also been known called as “The Next Cronut.”
It is a basically a Japanese delicacy and in Japan it is known as Mizu Shingen Mochi and it looks exactly like a drop of rain.
The amazingly cool new cake preparation is really hot on this side of river but it has actually been around in Japan for a long time.
Daren Wong was the first person who introduced this Japanese delicacy to the cake market in US and this particular preparation has been dominating the cake market for a long span of time. The best part of this Water Cake is that it is a complete vegan recipe and it comes with almost zero calories. This cake is simply made of mineral water and agar. Now you might be wondering what Agar is. Agar is a gelatin substitute which comes from red algae or seawood. Agar is mainly found in jams and jelies, ice-cream and soups.
This jiggly dessert has not become very much popular for its taste as it tastes like water flavored jelly. The unique appearance, texture an sensation have made it a best in class choice in the cake market. You will definitely like the special sensation that is savored in your mouth before it collapses in to crisp and cool drink of water.
This large rain drop shaped dessert is served with Kinako, roasted soybean flour, Kuromitsu and black sugar syrup.
The only thing you need to do is eat this cake within 30 minutes or else it will disappear into a puddle of sweet water.
Now it’s time to know how to make rain drop or water cake.
Ingredients for making this amazing looking cake:
- 2/3 cups of spring water
- 1 pinch of vanilla sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of agar powder
- First you need to measure out the water in a measurable bowl that you can use in a microwave and add sugar to it and microwave it for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- While you keep on stirring, sprinkle the agar powder and microwave the mixture again for 30 seconds and stir it for a minute. Repeat the same procedure until the agar is completely dissolved. Although you will find clear bits floating around in the water.
- Now pour the entire mixture in the mould that you have chosen and if you see any bubble , just pop it. Now you need to place the entire mould in the refrigerator and keep it for several hours or overnight.
- Now you should unmold the cake very carefully and add your favorite toppings to the cake.
Now you really have an amazing cake recipe to surprise your guests and loved ones. The best part of this cake preparation is that it is actually simple to execute.