Australia is a popular destination for its beautiful beaches, world-renowned natural wonders, and unique wildlife. The country offers a wide range of experiences, such as exploring the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s most iconic natural wonders, or visiting the famous Sydney Opera House and taking a walk on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The Australian Outback is another must-see destination, with its rugged landscapes, red deserts, and ancient rock formations. Australia is also known for its unique wildlife, such as kangaroos, koalas, and wombats, which can be seen in national parks and wildlife reserves across the country.
In addition to its natural beauty, Australia is also renowned for its laid-back culture, delicious cuisine, and friendly locals. Whether visiting the bustling cities or exploring the remote countryside, you’ll find a welcoming atmosphere and a wide range of activities to suit all interests.
However, travelling to Australia also comes with some risks and challenges. The country is vast, and the weather can be unpredictable, so it’s essential to be prepared for anything. With Australian travel cover, you can have peace of mind knowing you are protected against unexpected events, such as flight cancellations, medical emergencies, and more. With travel insurance for Australia that gives the right coverage, you can enjoy your trip to Australia without worrying about the unexpected and make the most of your time down under.
[Also See: Corporate Travel Policy]
What Insurance Do I Need To Travel To Australia?
When choosing a travel insurance policy for Australia, it’s crucial to ensure that it includes the following coverage:
- Medical coverage with Covid coverage
- Cancellation coverage will pay out a certain amount if you need to cancel or shorten your trip due to an emergency.
- Repatriation coverage covers the cost of bringing you back to your home country.
- Baggage coverage ensures you in case your luggage is lost or stolen and any of your possessions. If you’re taking any costly items, such as jewellery, ensure they’re included in your insurance.
- Gadget coverage covers devices such as mobile phones and GoPros in case of loss or theft.
- Passport coverage protects you against additional expenses if your passport is lost or stolen abroad.
Is Travel Insurance Compulsory for Travel to Australia?
Travel insurance is not mandatory for entry to Australia, but it is recommended as it can be beneficial in various situations, particularly for unexpected events like travel delays and accidents.
Credit card insurance may be sufficient if you’re confident about your travel plans, but it may have lower limits than desired.
Although purchasing a separate travel policy is always a good option.
Companies Providing the Best Travel Insurance for Australia
There are a variety of travel insurance options available for travel to Australia. Some reputable providers from India include:
- Tata AIG
- ICICI Lombard
- HDFC ERGO
- Royal Sundaram
- Reliance General
- Bajaj Allianz
It is essential to research and compare the coverage and policies offered by these providers to find the best option that suits your needs.
Document requirement for Australian Tourist Visa from India
To obtain an Australian Tourist Visa from India these are the following requirements must be met:
- A visa fee of approximately ₹8306 per person is required.
- Processing time for the visa is typically 10-15 days.
- Agents may charge an additional fee of approximately ₹2000 + 15% GST for processing the visa.
- A notarised passport with a validity of 6 months and photocopies of all pages are required.
- A completed and signed visa application form is necessary.
- Two recent passport-sized photos (35 x 45 mm) are required.
- A copy of the Aadhar card or PAN card is mandatory.
- Copies of income tax returns for the last three years
- Bank statements for the last six months,
- Salary slips for the previous three months
- The employer’s original letter of leave on company letterhead, with an authorised signature, is needed.
- Self-employed individuals must submit their registration certificate.
- Retired individuals must provide proof of retirement.
- Students must provide a copy of the NOC from their college or university.
- Proof of hotel accommodation, travel itinerary, return flight tickets, and other financial documents must be provided.
- A notarised NOC from a non-accompanying parent is mandatory for children under 18. The NOC must be attached to the child’s passport.
- If a child is travelling or staying with a non-relative, complete details about that person must be submitted.
It’s essential to remember that visa requirements and processes may change, so it’s always best to check with the Australian consulate for the most recent information.
Applying for an Australian Tourist Visa from India requires a visa fee, processing time, and the necessary documents, such as a notarised passport, visa application form, income tax returns, bank statements, salary slips, and more. You can also purchase an online travel insurance policy that covers all your travel needs without hassle. It’s essential to check with the Australian consulate for the most recent information and ensure that all required documents are provided before applying for a visa.