Meta Description: Your home is where you and your family spend the most time. It is your safe space and should bring you peace, positivity, and prosperity. An astrologer suggests there are many ways in which one can increase happiness and serenity.
Moving to a new house or building one from scratch is a blissful opportunity that not every person experiences. It is a great joy and is also considered a new phase in life. A new home can bring many life changes, both positive and negative. People these days have picked up building their homes, according to Vastu Shastra. Everyone wants positivity and prosperity to follow them everywhere they go, especially in their homes, as suggested by an astrologer.
What is Vastu Shastra
Vastu Shastra is the guidelines of the traditional Indian architecture system and have in detail the principles of design, measurements, layout, space arrangement, ground preparation, etc. These principles have been used for years by people to get their homes built accordingly to induce happiness, positivity, and prosperity. Be it the main entrance, kitchen, bathroom, living room, or the main bedroom; there are Vastu tips for every space.
Importance of Vastu For a New Home
According to astrology, our life is affected by the choices we make. Building a new home or moving into a new one can majorly affect one’s mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing. If a house is built according to the Vastu principles, it enhances the flow of earth, directional and cosmic energies into the home and directly and positively impacts one’s health and wealth.
To magnify happiness and positive flow of energies in the home, people get their builders to comply with the guidelines of this old system that is backed up by logic and science. While few people still dismiss this science of Vastu Shastra as mere superstition, more and more people have begun to incline more towards it. It cannot harm anyone to take preventative measures, and it is also a known fact that many people have witnessed significant positive changes in their lives.
Vastu Tips For Entrance
The entrance of your home is the pathway for all energies to flow inside. To attract more positivity and prosperity, you should:
- Ensure the main entrance faces the north, east, or northeast direction.
- Ensure there is no bathroom near the main entrance.
- There should be beautiful and creative name plates hung outside your main door.
- Place or hang pictures of auspicious symbols such as Swastika to induce prosperity.
Vastu Tips For Living Room
According to a famous astrologer, the living room is the space where the family spends the most time together, and it is also the place where guests are welcomed and entertained. This space can be full of both negative and positive energies. To induce positivity, you should:
- Ensure that the living room faces the north, northeast, or northwest direction.
- Refrain from getting living room walls painted in red or black.
- If there is any heavy furniture, position it on the south or southwest side of the living room.
- Artificial or dried flowers are considered unlucky, so do not display them.
- Consider aesthetic paintings of natural landscapes or holy objects to increase positive energy flow.
Vastu Tips For Bedroom
The bedroom is where you wind up and relax after a long day, and it is also where you rejuvenate yourself and recharge for a new day. A poorly built or ill-designed bedroom can adversely affect couples, relationships, or sleep patterns. Vastu tips for bedrooms include:
- Your bed should be in the south, southwest, or west direction, and so should be your head while sleeping or resting.
- Placing a mirror in front of your bed is a strict no as it can be the cause behind fights and also decrease personal energy.
- Soothing pastel colors such as rose, sky blue, yellow, white, or green should be used for bedroom decor.
- Avoid placing computers, televisions, or mobile phones in your bedroom. If you do, ensure to turn them off an hour before sleeping.
Vastu Tips For Bathroom
A bathroom is often a highly functional home space and still gets neglected during construction. Few Vastu tips to increase positivity include:
- The positioning of the bathroom should always be in the northwest direction of the home.
- Brown and beige are perfect colors for bathroom interiors.
- Water outlets such as taps, wash basins, and showers should be fixed on the bathroom’s north, northeast, or east side.
- The bathroom should not share a common wall with your bedroom, temple room, or kitchen.
- Using a metal door for your bathroom can trap negative energy so avoid that.
Vastu Tips For Kitchen
According to Vastu Shastra, the kitchen represents Agni, Lord of Fire, so every kitchen element should be in accordance with it. Follow these Vastu tips, which include:
- The kitchen should be built in the northwest or southeast direction.
- Cooking facing east promotes positivity and good health so place your stove or utensils accordingly.
- Ensure the presence of at least one window in the kitchen.
- Refrain placing any medicines in the kitchen.
These Vastu tips can significantly increase and enhance energy flow into your new home and make it the best place to be. Follow them when building or moving into a new home and experience positivity and prosperity approaching you.